Litecoin (LTC) traded down -7.44 percent versus dollar in the last 24h interval ending 00:15 on May 7th EST. Litecoin currently has a total market capitalization of $9,352,659,411 and its twenty four hour volume is about $601,921,000. Within the period across the previous 7 days, Litecoin is 8.95 percent against the dollar together with a move of 1.22 percent inside the past 60 minutes.
Now look at how the other coins have faired in the last 24 hours:
- REBL (REBL) is trading at $0.09 against the dollar, a -2.26% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of REBL is currently 0.00000932 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) is trading at $24.54 against the dollar, a -0.25% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of ETC is currently 0.00262414 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) is trading at $78.33 against the dollar, a -9.88% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of NEO is currently 0.00837732 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) is trading at $762.24 against the dollar, a -7.43% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of ETH is currently 0.0815197 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) is trading at $0.08 against the dollar, a -3.81% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of TRX is currently 0.00000873 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) is trading at $279.02 against the dollar, a -9.60% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of ZEC is currently 0.0298401 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is trading at $1,660.85 against the dollar, a -6.68% change in the last 24h. The Bitcoin cost of BCH is currently 0.177623 BTC.
Litecoin has a maximum supply of exactly 56,418,813 coins. It launched on 13th October, 2011.
Quoted from cryptocompare.com: “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Several useful web links are following, should you wish to read more about Litecoin:
LTC: Info for Traders
Anyone can buy LTC on trading exchanges such as Exmo, Poloniex, BitZ, Gatecoin, CCEDK, Bitfinex, WavesDEX, OKCoin, and Tidex.
It’s not always feasible to buy currencies like Litecoin directly using US dollars. Investors needing to acquire LTC might possibly need to first of all pick up BTC or ETH from an market place that offers American dollar trading pairs like Coinbase or perhaps GDAX. Buyers will then make use of this Bitcoin or ETH to invest in Litecoin using one of the trading exchanges posted above.